POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cinematic-Quality explosion (made with PovRay!) : Cinematic-Quality explosion (made with PovRay!) Server Time
27 Apr 2024 03:56:35 EDT (-0400)
  Cinematic-Quality explosion (made with PovRay!)
From: H E  Day
Date: 13 Feb 2000 17:05:47
Message: <38A729B3.EF1E00F2@fci.net>
I did it. Yes indeed.  Here is a demo animation of the real explosion!
I (and everyone else) had been looking at the problem of a realistic
explosion in the wrong way.  Media requires massive amounts of rendering
time.  Do I use media in this? Not a single bit.  It's one isosurface!
(I knew they were good for something ;)  So warm your hands by it's fire
and let me know how it looks to you!

By the way, a preliminary source is available at p.b.s-f!
--
H.E. Day

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'realexplosion.avi.dat' (113 KB)